It’s picnic season and that means pie! Which sounds easy, but really…is it? This delicious recipe gives you all the flavor of apple pie with half the prep time – and bonus – no gluten! Prep time is about 15 minutes, and bake time is 45 minutes.
- Four (4) tart green apples (peel and cut into thin slices)
- Lemon Juice (1/2 Lemon)
- One (1) Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Softened Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of The Real Co. Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter (For The Pan)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Create filling: In a medium mixing bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Create topping: In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, butter, cinnamon, and Himalayan Pink Salt until completely mixed.
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 9 by 9-inch or similar-sized baking dish with the melted butter .
- Place apples in the baking dish and cover evenly with the topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes uncovered until apples are soft and the topping is slightly brown on the edges.
- Top with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream
- Substitute Coconut Oil for Butter for a Vegan version.
To find The Real Co. Himalayan Pink Salt online CLICK HERE – it is our mission to provide our high quality, single origin, non-GMO products at affordable prices!