The DVR has been set to record all week and now it’s time to relax and binge watch your favorites – or bring everyone over to watch the big game…and serve them up some popcorn with a sweet and savory twist! Follow this delicious recipe created for us by natural foods chef Whitney Aronoff and enjoy!
- ½ cup organic yellow popcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons The Real Co. cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons The Real Co. Himalayan pink salt
- Use a 3-4 quart pot with a lid. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in pan on hi heat to 400-460 degrees. Test oil with a few kernels. If they pop, add the rest.
- Shake pot to spread kernels, and place lid on pot. Lower stove temperature to medium heat. When popping slows, remove pan from stove.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir until combined.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil and drizzle over popcorn. Season with sugar, cinnamon and salt mix, tossing occasionally until all the popcorn is covered.
To find The Real Co. single origin Himalayan Pink Salt and Raw Cane Sugar online CLICK HERE or visit your favorite retailers:
NORTHEAST – Kings and Balducci
TEXAS – H-E-B