Is there a better way to add Fall Season wow-factor to Banana Muffins than adding Pumpkin and Chocolate Chips, then topping them off with an Organic Cane Sugar Crumble on top? We can’t think of anything!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup The Real Co Organic Raw Cane Sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon The Real Co Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2-3 dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tins with baking spray and set aside.
Raw Cane Sugar Crumble Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup The Real Co Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 6 tbsp unbleached flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- Pinch of The Real Co. Himalayan Pink Salt
In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and cloves. In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla, then add eggs. Mix in the dates, pumpkin puree and mashed bananas. (If you don’t want pieces of dates, simply mash them in a bowl with a bit of warm water.) When combined, mix together the dry and wet mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Add the batter to the muffin tins about 3/4 filled and sprinkle each with some chocolate chips. In a small bowl, cut the butter into the flour, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean and salt until the mixture resembles coarse meal with a few larger clumps. Divide evenly between muffins. Bake at 350˚F for 20-25 minutes.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: makes about 12 large muffins
ATTENTION H.E.B. SHOPPERS! Be sure to grab your in-store coupon to get $2 off The Real Co. Raw Cane Sugar! OR try Ship to Home for Free!* Register or login and use code HEB4ME for free shipping (*up to $25 discount). One time use. See details
Learn more about The Real Co. Single-Origin Organic Raw Cane Sugar, Himalayan Pink Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt Slab, and Basmati Rice HERE!